WORKING SAFELY FOR OUR FAMILIES
GC² Specialty Construction, INC. understands the value of and is committed to the best-in-class safety. It is our goal to be recognized as the industry leader in safety programs, policies, and procedures. It is an expectation of our employees to return home each day just as they were when they came to work. We are committed to “Zero Accidents – Zero Incidents.”
Our Safety Processes are based upon past knowledge and several key elements. The most important of these elements is integrating safety into the work process. Other key elements are:
- STOP WORK AUTHORITY: Every Employee has the right to stop work without repercussions if they see an unsafe act.
- PARTICIPATION: Employees participate in the work planning through the JSA and JEP process.
- INTERVENTION: No unsafe acts or conditions are the expectations set forth to all employees.
- TRAINING: Employees are trained and qualified to perform their assigned work.
- TOOLS: Properly inspected and maintained tools and equipment will be provided for each task.
- BUDDY SYSTEM: New hires will be mentored by seasoned employees.
- RESPONSIBILITY: Each employee are responsible for his/her safety.
- MANAGEMENT: Qualified supervisors manage work and direct the activities of employees.
- MONITORING: Audits are conducted to measure the effectiveness of safety systems.
- REPEATING: The “0-60” reporting will be utilized, and a root cause analysis will be conducted on all incidents.
- SCREENING: All employees will follow the required pre-employment, post incident, and random testing procedures.
- OSHA 10: All supervisors will have OSHA 10 training within six (6) months of their hire date.
- PBS: Craft employees and supervisors will be involved in the Cross Audit Program on a weekly basis.
- AUDITS: Weekly audits are performed by safety personnel and supervisors and findings communicated throughout the projects.
|Total Number of Recordable Cases (C)||Incident Rate of Recordable Cases
( D )
|Number of Days Away from Work Cases
|Incident Rate of Lost Work Day Cases
( F )
|Total Number of Days Away ( G )||Severity Rate